SHARP PARENT INVOLVEMENT POLICY AND COMPACT - Title I 1118
SHARP School supports and encourages parents to become involved in the education of their child. SHARP School will provide the following to all parents:
- An annual meeting will be scheduled to explain the Title I Program, parent involvement, and inform parents of their right to be involved in the program.
- Meetings will be planned with flexible scheduling as needed to accommodate parents, and childcare will be provided.
- Parents and Caregivers will be involved for the purpose of improving academic achievement in planning, reviewing and improving the Title I program at SHARP School.
- Communication will be provided (in English and Spanish) about Title I Programs, curriculum, assessments, behavior interventions, student progress and expected level of proficiency for each student.
- SHARP IEP teams will provide an orientation to parents and students regarding the SHARP School's Behavioral Supports Program upon student enrollment.
- SHARP will offer opportunities to provide parental/guardian input and will respond to suggestions.
National Standards were used to guide our planning:
Standard 1: Communication
- Teachers will send home daily communication on student behavior and completed work assignments.
- A quarterly progress report will be sent home on each student.
- An annual meeting will be held on each child to discuss student progress.
- A SHARP website will be developed and will post school events & school information.
- Parents will be invited to school events by written invitation, Connect-ED and web site postings.
- At least Bi-monthly newsletters will be published and distributed to parents.
Standard 2 Parenting:
- Administrator, teachers and counselors will be available to discuss concerns.
- Positive phone calls and notes will be sent home to highlight positive behaviors.
- Parenting information meetings will be scheduled throughout the school year.
- Parenting resources will be available on the SHARP campus and up-dated new materials as they become available.
- Parent family support personnel will be available on the SHARP campus.
Standard 3 Student Learning:
- Teachers will facilitate evening events that highlight student learning and promote parent involvement.
- Teachers will inform parents of student test scores and data based teaching decisions.
Standard 4 Volunteering
- Parents will be encouraged to participate in all school events at the beginning of the year and throughout the school year.
- Parents will be encouraged to voice their opinions through the F.i.A.T (Family Involvement Action Team which will meet monthly
- Parent participation on the F.I.A.T. Team will be encouraged.
Standard 5 School Decision Making and Advocacy:
- Staff will develop strong relationships with parents and support their input and encourage them to participate in school decisions through the F.I.A.T. Team and participation in school events.
- Parent surveys will be administered throughout the years.
- parent involvement in SCIP will be encouraged through school leadership meetings.
Standard 6 Collaborating with the Community:
- Teachers and administrators will create and maintain community partnerships with SHARP School.
- Students will participate in service learning projects and community employment partnerships.
SHARP Title I School Improvement Committee
The S.H.A.R.P Team Leadership/ F.I.A.T is composed of parents, staff members and a community business member. The committee works closely with the principal to review curriculum, school-wide issues, program development planning and coordinating activities that will benefit all students at S.H.A.R.P School, and increase parent and family involvement.
Our Current Committee Members:
Leilani Scott - Principal
Alberta Longacre - Title I Specialist
Laurie Struna - Family Support Specialist
Mark Grant - Community Member (Parks and Rec)
Ronda Carlson - Teacher (Autistic)
Jon Rogers - Teacher (Secondary ED)
Ginger Hildwine - VEP Vocational Education Program
Meghan Kimball - Psychologist
Lena Woolington - Title I Reading and Math Specialist
Paula Lopez - Parent
Spring Meeting Schedule Dates:
- February 28, 2013 4-5pm
- March 28, 2013 (Please join our Skateland Family Night 5:30-8pm)
- April 25, 2013 4-5pm