CLASS OF 2017
- Thursday, May 5 - Delivery of cap/gowns to Bookstore during lunches
- Thursday, May 25 - Graduation practice 6:30 am beginning in the gym. This is mandatory for all graduating Seniors
- Thursday, May 25 - All graduating Seniors must be in the gym by 6:00 pm. Gates to the football field will open at 5:30 for family
- Friday, May 26 - Friday, June 2 - Return honor cords to bookstore for deposit refund
The faculty and staff of Skyline High School have the privilege to honor you at commencement ceremonies on Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in the Skyline Stadium.
Please read the following information carefully. We know these details will assist you in your upcoming plans and in setting your calendars.
The end of the school year is fast approaching! This is an exciting time for seniors and yet a very busy time. The following information will help you be aware of important dates and things that you need to remember:
ANNOUNCEMENTS - Announcements will be available in the bookstore for pickup on Thursday, March 30th. You can still order announcements at azbalfour.com If you need extra announcements after March 30th, they will be available in the Bookstore for $1.75 each (cash only, exact amount) on a first-come, first-served basis.
CAPS, GOWNS & HONOR CORDS - Caps and gowns will be available starting on Friday, May 5th in the bookstore from 11:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. through graduation day. If you have a debt, your cap and gown will be held until the debt has been cleared. If you have not ordered your cap and gown, you can still order one at azbalfour.com or you can purchase a cap and gown in the bookstore after Friday, May 5th for $60.00, cash or money order only (NO CHECKS). Caps and gowns are yours to keep and you do not have to return them. Seniors earning a 3.50 cumulative GPA or College Core Average as of January 25, 2017, may wear honor cords. The honor cords can be purchased in the bookstore starting Friday, May 5th. There will be a $13 deposit for the cord. If you return the honor cord after the ceremony, you will receive your $13 deposit back. The bookstore will be open for honor cord returns from Friday, May 26th, until Friday, June 2, 2017
SCHOLARSHIP AND AWARDS ASSEMBLY - The Scholarship and Awards assembly will be Monday, May 15th beginning at 6:00 pm in the auditorium. Parents of students who will be receiving awards will be invited.
GRADUATION PRACTICE - Commencement practice will begin at 6:30 a.m., Thursday, May 25th in the gym. All graduating seniors are expected to attend this practice. You may wish to bring sunglasses and a hat for practice. Rehearsal will last approximately 1½ hours.
Commencement will begin at 7:00 p.m., Thursday, May 25th, on the Skyline football field. Seniors are to line up in the GYM at 6:00 pm. Gates will open for seating at 5:30 pm.
- If you do not plan to participate in the graduation ceremony, please contact the registrar, Deb Hall, at 472-9407 as soon as possible to make arrangements to pick up your diploma after May 25th.
- Grad Images will take pictures, and you will receive a packet of information in the mail.
- After the ceremony, seniors will receive their actual diploma from their line leader before leaving the field. Please remember to pick up your diploma before leaving the football field that evening.
- No one will be allowed to participate in the commencement program unless they have met ALL graduation requirements.
- Parents and friends are not to come onto the field until after the program has ended.
DRESS CODE FOR GRADUATION
All graduates must be dressed in their cap and gown for the ceremony. Underneath the gown, young men should wear slacks and a dress shirt, socks and dress shoes. Young ladies should wear a dress or nice slacks and dress shoes (low heel). No corsages on the gown itself. No decorating caps.
· NO JEANS, SHORTS, TENNIS SHOES, FLIP FLOPS OR TEE SHIRTS. See Mr. Munoz if you need help with dress code expectations.
- Every student’s name will be read.
- When the last student has received his/her diploma, the turning of the tassel, led by a student council officer, will signify the conclusion of the ceremony.
- Observe the dress code.
- Drinking/consumption or under the influence of any illegal substance will not be allowed.
- No beach balls, balloons, fireworks, smoke bombs, noisemakers, air horns, etc.
Congratulations! We hope to make this a very proud time for you and your parents. Thanks for your cooperation in making this a truly special occasion!