Mr. John Michael Wesson
I am a retired science teacher from a Blue Ribbon High School in South East Michigan. After the conclusion of my 30th year in the Michigan Public School System I decided to move to warmer weather. I am currently working on my second career here in the Mesa Public School District. In 2011-2012 I worked at Carson Jr. High teaching 8th grade Science. I transferred to Skyline High School for the 2012-2013 school year. I have taught everything in science at the high school level except AP Physics and AP Chemistry. I am very excited to meet the needs of my science students this year and will do what every I can to see that they will have a successful year.
SC09 - Ninth grade science is a full-year laboratory course which includes topics in Astronomy, Physics, Chemistry, and Environmental Sciences. Learning objectives align with the Arizona Science Standards, with specific objectives for each unit located in the student’s notebook. Common Core - Reading, Writing @ Math will be emphasized starting during the 2012-2013 school year!
Personal (Five Facts)
- I love teaching!
- I have coached and won a State Championship in Baseball in 1990.
- I was asked to tryout for the Cleveland Cavaliers in 1987 by their scouting staff.
- In 1982 I made the Adray Baseball All Star game and played at Tiger Stadium.
- I teach at a college in Chandler at night teaching World History and US. History.
- Skyline High School - Mesa Public Schools, 2012-Current
- Carson Jr. High - Mesa Public Schools, 2011-2012
- Waterford Mott High School Teacher - Waterford, MI. 1990-2011
• Science taught in High School: Chemistry, Earth Science, Geophysical Science, Physical Science, Environmental Science, Biology, Life Science and Health.
• High School Physical Education - I taught swimming, weight training, personal fitness, teams sports and individual sports and aerobics.
• Social Studies taught in High School - Civics, World History
• Driver’s Education Teacher (23 years.)
• Basketball Coach, Baseball Coach, Golf Coach, Football Coach (1981-2011)
• Science Curriculum Design and Assessment Team 2010-2011
Mason Middle School Teacher - Waterford, MI. 1989-1990
9th grade Biology, 8th grade Physical Science, 6th grade Physical Education
Rochester Community Schools Substitute Teacher - Rochester, MI. 1988-1989
7-12 All Subjects, K-12 Physical Education
Utica Community Schools Substitute Teacher - Sterling Hts, MI. 1987-1989
7-12 All Subjects, K-12 Physical Education, Athletic Coach, Driver’s Ed Instructor
Master’s of Arts in Teaching - Saginaw Valley State University - 1997
Bachelor’s of Science in Education - Wayne State University - 1988 Major – Physical Education Minors - Science & Social Studies
Associate’s Degree in Liberal Arts - Macomb Community College - 1983
Henry Ford II High School - 1981 Graduate
Continuing Graduate Education - Marygrove College, Detroit, MI - 2008-2010
Northland Pioneer College, AZ - 2011
Grand Canyon University, AZ - 2013
Walden University, AZ - 2013
University of Pacific, CA - 2013