Chef's Expectations and Tips for Success in his Class
My job: Teach you the wonders of the world of Culinary Arts.
Your job: To learn my knowledge and skills of Culinary Arts and use them to your advantage in your life.
My expectations are very high for you in this class: Don’t hesitate to impress me or yourself by what you can do.
Class Rules and Tips
1. Put the electronic devices away!!!! They are not allowed in my classroom or lab. If they are not put away they become mine until the end of class. This includes headphones and earphones.
2. Raise your hand during class to ask/ answer questions or get out of your seat.
3. Listen quietly to Chef when he is speaking; especially when he is giving directions.
4. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING THAT IS NOT YOURS! This includes Chef’s computer, Chef’s paperwork, Chef’s kitchen equipment (unless instructed to do so), or your classmates stuff (unless instructed to do so).
5. You must sign out and in and carry Chef’s pink hall pass when leaving the classroom or lab during class.
6. Restroom breaks and drink breaks should be made between classes. You may not go to the student store during my class.
7. No outside food or drinks are allowed in the classroom or kitchen lab.
8. For your own safety there is no running, jumping, climbing in the classroom or kitchen lab.
9. There is no sitting/laying on my counter tops! You will be required to sanitize any counter that you are sitting on. The butt of your pants, shorts or skirt have been places that are not sanitary, and the counters where we prepare food is not a place for it.
10. No playing with the kitchen hand tools (especially knives or sharp objects) or the power equipment.
11. No throwing, dropping, or making noise with heavy or hot objects.
12. This is Culinary Art class, not Cosmetology class! No applying make-up or perfume/body spray, or hair braiding allowed in the classroom, or kitchen labs. Do it in between classes or at lunch.
13. Be on time to class. People that are tardy will need to do the lunch detentions as instructed by the school administration.
I dismiss you not the bell. Do not get up out of your seats and head out the door until I dismiss you. Those that do will be marked as a ditch.
Possible Consequences for Your Poor Choice of Behavior
2. KP (Kitchen Patrol) duty
3. Call to parents
4. Security called / Referral to the Principal's Office / Detention
5. Security called / Referral to the Principal's Office / Suspension