Mrs. Robyn McFarland
1996-1998 Mesa Public Schools -- Mesa, AZ
- Substitute Teacher, grades 7-12
1998-1999 Bennett Academy -- Phoenix, AZ
- Taught the following subjects: Language Arts, Reading, Computers and Theatre
- Taught grades 6-8
1999-2001 Omega Academy -- Phoenix, AZ
- Taught the following subjects: Language Arts and Social Studies
- Worked for one year as a Reading Specialist (grades 1-12)
- Substitute for a month in a second grade classroom
- Taught grades 5-8
2001-2011 Carson Junior High -- Mesa, AZ
- Have taught all grades 7-9
- Reading and Drama
- Reading Department Chair for 6 years.
2010-Present Grand Canyon University
- Teach for the College of Education
- Masters and Undergraduate courses
2011-2016 Taylor Junior High -- Mesa, AZ
- Drama and Speech
- Reading Intervention
- Computer Essentials
- Computer Essentials
- Career Exploration
I am originally from a small town in Wisconsin, and moved out to Arizona after I graduated high school in 1991. I graduated from Arizona State University in 1995 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Theatre Education. After spending two years substitute teaching, I decided to begin working on my Master's of Education degree in Secondary Education with a minor in Reading, which I received in 2000. I have been teaching since 1998, and since 2001 I've been teaching in the Mesa Public School District.
Through the years, I have added endorsements on to my teaching certificate: Reading Specialist, Middle Grade, Library/Media Specialist, and English as a Second Language. The most recent certification is the Career and Technical Education Certification.
I am married to my wonderful husband Brian and we have a 14 year old son named Charlie. In my spare time, I enjoy reading, attending the theatre, doing needlework, watching baseball, and spending time with friends and family.
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Theatre Education -- Arizona State University, 1995
Master of Education, Secondary Education/ Reading -- Northern Arizona University, 2000
- Career & Technical Education
- English as a Second Language
- Reading Specialist
- Middle Grades, 5-9
- Library/Media Specialist
I am available after school most days from 3:50-4:30 to help students.
*Please note* Availability subject to change due to meetings or other commitments.