Preschool Developmental Screening
Are You Concerned About Your Preschooler’s Development?
MPS provides free Developmental Screening as part of Child Find. Screenings are available to children who reside in MPS boundaries between the ages of 2 years 9 months to 5 years old (who are not yet attending kindergarten).
The process is initiated through the District Child Find Office and starts with a screening which may include hearing and vision screening, developmental screening, and/or a review of records. Based upon results of screening and/or review of records your child may be scheduled for a comprehensive developmental evaluation. If your child is younger than 2 years, 9 months, contact the Arizona Early Intervention Program (AZEIP).
Due to COVID-19, our offices are presently closed to the general public. Registration and submission of documents must occur electronically using email and an online format. If you do not have a device that allows you to complete this process as described please call 480-472-0703 for assistance.
Step 1: Verify Residency
- Go to the district's School Locator.
- Enter residential address.
- If you live within district boundaries, MPS school names will populate on the left.
- If your address is outside of MPS boundaries, contact your home district for screening.
Step 2: Complete Screening Forms
Download and complete the screening forms. The forms will download as fillable pdfs which can be completed in electronic form or printed to be completed and scanned.
Step 3: Submit Documents
Submit the completed Screening Forms to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any reports from previous evaluations such as:
- Speech/Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Step 4: Online Registration
- Gather your child’s birth certificate or other identification, and immunization record, as well as proof of residency as you will be asked to submit these electronically to enroll in MPS.
- Click on the “Enroll” tab on the top left of the page.
- Click on “Enroll Now” (please do not click on “preschool registration”).
- Scroll to bottom of webpage where it states: Please select from the following choices to enroll your child.
- Choose the appropriate option from New Parent, Existing Parent or Returning Parent.
- If you are an Existing or Returning parent, log in with your User Name and Password to complete online registration process. If you are a New Parent or do not remember your password, select Activate New Account/Options/Password Help.
- Complete the online registration process for your child and indicate you would like a developmental screening when prompted.