Welcome to 7th grade Social Studies, I am really looking forward to this school year.
ARIZONA STATE STANDARDS: click on the following link if you would like to view 7th grade social studies standards.
1ST SEMESTER CURRICULUM includes geography and historical skills, Arizona and Citizenship, Westward Expansion, Pre-Civil War, Civil War, Reconstruction, and the Industrial Revolution.
2ND SEMESTER CURRICULUM includes the Progressive Era, Imperialism, World War I, and the 1920's and 1930's.
I. Classroom Rules and Expectations
· Follow all Stapley and Mesa Public Schools’ rules, including, but not limited to, the dress code and electronics policies.
· Come to class on time. You need to be in your seat when the bell rings.
· Come to class prepared. Have a writing utensil, homework, social studies folder and spiral notebook, Stapley binder
· Accept responsibility for class assignments and responsibilities
· Do not act in a way that will disrupt your learning, or the learning of others.
II. Classroom Consequences:
· Step 1: Warning/ reminder of the rule
· Step 2: Student will stay after class to discuss behavior
· Step 3: Teacher will contact parent or guardian and student will serve a 10 minute detention
· Step 4: Teacher will contact parent or guardian and student will serve a 30 minute detention
· Step 5: Referred to administration
III. Grading Policy
All letter grades are based on a percentage of points earned.
90% and up = A
80-89% = B
70-79% = C
60-69% = D
Below 60% = F
It is the responsibility of the student to check their grades online
IV. Late Work
I will accept 1 late assignment without a penalty or loss of points each 9
weeks. Any other late assignments each quarter will not be accepted.
V. Make Up Work
· If students are absent, it is their responsibility for obtaining and completing missed material. It is best to come in before school for instructions. Students will have one day for every day they are absent to make up the work.
VI. Required Materials
· Pen and Pencil
· Notebook Paper (comp book or spiral notebook)
· Social Studies folder for class (and at home)
· Markers/Colored Pencils (optional)