MS. KIMZEY’S PROCEDURES firstname.lastname@example.org
WELCOME TO MS. KIMZEY’S CLASS!!! I hope that this will be an exciting and learning experience for you. To help you succeed in class you will need to know the following procedures:
1. When the BELL RINGS:
You MUST be seated when the bell rings and STAY seated. Backpacks placed on counter or underneath table. If the bell rings and you’re not seated you’re tardy (lunch detention)’ You must be in your seat prepared with proper materials (including HOMEWORK TAPED IN NOTEBOOK) and writing the daily calendar in your planner.
2. If you need to use the BATHROOM
Sign out/in is required. At a good time, please ask me, and then fill out the sign out sheet at the back of the room and go. ONLY ONE STUDENT AT A TIME!!
3. When the period ENDS:
DO NOT begin to pack up until I give permission to do so. Wait for me to dismiss you. Please put away any items that you were using during class, clean up your lab station, and push your chair in when you are dismissed. REMEMBER – I DISMISS YOU, NOT THE BELL.
4. Turning in Homework/Assignments:
a.) Homework will be stamped as soon as the bell rings. To receive a stamp(100%), the work needs to be finished and taped into the notebook in the proper page. A stamp means 100%.
b.) Assignments with no stamp are considered late and will receive 70% credit when completely finished and turned in. Partial credit if not finished.
*ALL ITEMS TURNED IN MUST HAVE FIRST NAME, LAST NAME,DATE AND PERIOD NUMBER ON THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER OF THE PAPER for FULL credit*
5. If you were ABSENT:
1. It is YOUR responsibility to find out and make up what you missed while you were absent. Who do you ask? Your lab partner first. If your lab partner is also lost or absent, check with your lab group.
2. You may also check with me about any concerns with what you missed BEFORE or AFTER school, NOT during class.
3. Make sure you put the date you were absent on the worksheet with your heading, and let me know to receive full credit. Department Policy: 1 day per day absent
4. On line- The calendar for the day is at my web page in the Stapley website. You can usually find out what went on that day and you can check upcoming assignment due dates and test days.
5. Labs or tests:
· Department Policy: 1 day per day absent
· Tests: Retakes are available.
· Labs: Make-up labs will occur during lunchtime. Bring your own lunch and be on time. If you are more than 10 min. late you will not be allowed to make up the lab. Make-up lab dates will be posted. If you can’t make the date, you must see the teacher so other arrangements can be made. *Failure to meet with the teacher within one week to make alternative arrangements will result in a zero.
6.END OF THE SEMESTER.
All work needs to be made up before the last day of each semester. There is no make up work accepted after the semester is over. Exceptions are only given for extraneous circumstances (illness, family crisis or accidents)
Grades are determined by TOTAL POINTS. Assignments, lab work, classwork, homework are all graded in a notebook. Tests and quizzes and the notebook checks are added for total points.
8. DISCIPLINE PROCEDURES:
First: Verbal warning
Second: Lunch Detention
Third: Phone call to Parents
Fourth: Conference with parents and student.
I have read and understand and will use the above procedures.
Student Signature: ______________________________ Date__________________
Parent Signature:________________________________ Date _________________
Grades, the class agenda including tests and future projects can be accessed on line.
I prefer email communication. http://www2.mpsaz.org/stapley/staff/jrkimzey/
If there is no access to a computer or email is not an option, then please let me know what would be the best method of communication or call: 480-472-2762