Ms. Josephine Lanni
Seventh Grade English
Grade Level: Seventh Course #: EN 07
Course Name: General English Difficulty: Average
This course includes writing, reading fluency and comprehension, literature, informational text, grammar, vocabulary, spelling, and research.
1. Students will use the writing process.
2. Students will evaluate writing using the 6-traits rubrics.
3. Students will write effective sentences using correct conventions.
4. Students will write well-structured letters, personal and business.
5. Students will write well-structured paragraphs and essays to include
summative, expository, persuasion, and argument.
6. Students will write multi-paragraph personal narratives.
7. Students will read and analyze a variety of literary nonfiction and
8. Students will learn vocabulary and word parts.
9. Students will implement study skills.
Reading: Short Story Non-fiction Literary Nonfiction
Poetry Drama InformationalTexts
Novels Independent Reading Fables and Folktales
Writing: Writing Process Sentences
Six Traits of Writing Letters
AIMS Test Prep Poetry
Note Taking Personal Narratives
Literary Analysis Persuasive Writing
Study Skills Descriptive Writing
Expository Writing Summative Paragraph
District Writing Test
AIMS Reading and Writing Tests
Selection of reading and writing materials is at the sole discretion of the teacher as long as the materials fit within MPS policies and curriculum. Reading and writing materials are subject to change through the semester.