Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
Welcome to Stapley Math. I would like to take this opportunity to review my classroom expectations so that this will be a rewarding school year for all of us. By reading and signing these policies, you are acknowledging your awareness and acceptance to abide by these policies in this classroom at all times.
- Truth: be honest and responsible for your choices and decisions
- Trust: contribute to an atmosphere of safety and security
- Respect: be considerate of yourself, others, and all property
- Active Participation: participate positively in the classroom
- Personal Best: strive for continuous improvement
- Be on time – in assigned seat when bell rings
- Be prepared to study and learn - bring assignment, notebook, paper, pencils, pens, and student handbook everyday
- Participate positively and work to learn
- Follow teacher directions, school, district and classroom rules
- Show respect to all peers and adults by following directions, not interrupting and keeping hands, feet and objects to oneself
- Do not bring gum, candy, food, or drink (water permitted) into the classroom
- Cheating of any kind will not be tolerated. Any student caught either copying another student’s paper and/or any student whose paper is being copied will receive a 0 on that assignment.
- All electronic devices (including cell phones and iPods) are not to be out during class.
- 2nd-15 minute before/after school detention
- 3rd-30 minute formal written detention with parent contact
- 4th-administrative referral
Choosing not to follow the above rules will result in one or a combination of the following consequences:
- Verbal reminder of the standard
- Conference with the teacher
- Parent involvement
- Isolation from the class
- Teacher-assigned detention
- Behavior/Academic contract
- Work duty
- Consultation with a counselor
- Referral to administration
Materials Needed Daily:
Your child needs the following materials for class:
- Pencils (for homework), highlighter (notes), and pens (grading homework)
- Spiral or composition notebook for notes
- Loose leaf paper for homework
- Student Handbook
- Homework will be given on a daily basis.
- Late work will not be accepted after the day that the unit test is administered for that unit. After the test has been administered, those assignments will receive no credit.
- Daily homework assignments should be written in the Stapley planner while in class. Those assignments will also be posted on my page of the Stapley website.
- Homework must be completed in pencil and corrections done in pen. Any work not graded correctly or not completed in pencil will be counted as a zero.
- Students must show all work to receive credit. If students do not show work, they will receive a zero on that assignment.
- All Big Ideas book assignments must be submitted on-line. The teacher will answer questions the following school day in class, and the assignment must be submitted by 9:00 a.m. on the following school day. The student’s assignment must be submitted on paper to teacher with work to support each of the problems. If work is not shown on any of the problems, the student will receive a zero on that assignment.
- Scores for Big Idea assignments should be written directly at the top of the completed homework assignment by the student. Not recording score correctly may result in the student receiving a zero.
- Any worksheet (not assigned directly from book) will be graded the following day at the beginning of the class period. Students will have one day to make corrections on that assignment. Those corrections must be done in pen. Students can only make corrections on those problems that were completed when checked in class. Students should not erase original problem or work.
- If any assignment is turned in without a name, that assignment will be place in the No Name folder until the end of the unit. Once the test has been administered, those assignments will not receive credit.
- If students are absent, they are responsible for copying planner and notes as well as picking up homework (if needed). They will have same number of days to complete as they were absent.
- You are responsible for getting all missed assignments, notes, and any other work when absent from class.
- You will have the same number of days to make up missing work for each day you’re absent.
- No homework or tests can be made up due to an UNEXCUSED absence.
90%- and up = A
80% - 89% = B
70% - 79% = C
60% - 69% = D
59% and below = F
Student Signature: __________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature: __________________________________________