Open During Summer
During summer, our office is open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Normal hours will resume Friday, July 17. School begins Tuesday, August 4.
Vision & Mission
Vision: Empowering ALL students to unprecedented academic, behavioral and social-emotional excellence.
Mission: The mission of Student Support Systems is to support MPS staff and students. Student Support Systems will help to guide positive evidence-based practices in MPS in order to support all students academically, social-emotionally and behaviorally.
- Every child learns and achieves to high standards
- Learning includes academic, social and behavioral competencies
- Every member of the learning community continues to grow, learn and reflect
- Every leader at all levels is responsible for every child
- Change is
intentional, coherent and dynamic
To Achieve These Beliefs
- Every child will be provided a rigorous and research-based curriculum
- Every child will be provided effective and relentless teaching
- Interventions will be provided at the earliest identification of need
- Tier 1, Tier 2 & Tier 3 supports will use evidence-based interventions
- Every educator will continuously gain knowledge and develop expertise to build capacity and sustain effective practice
- Resources will be intentionally designed and redesigned to match student and staff needs
- Our department will continuously analyze the needs of MPS schools to provide appropriate professional development
- Academic and behavioral data will be used to inform instructional decisions
- Educators, families and community members will be part of the fundamental practice of effective problem-solving and instructional decision making
- An empowering culture will be enhanced/developed that creates collective responsibility for student success
What is Student Support Systems?
The Student Support Systems department supports Mesa Public Schools by implementing and sustaining a multi-tiered system of support framework that fosters a problem-solving culture integrating assessment, data-based decision-making, and intervention in a continuous cycle designed to maximize the educational opportunities of all students.
Student Support Systems is committed to the success of every student and recognizes that because each student is unique, a "one size fits all" educational program is insufficient to meet the needs of all of our students. Some students will need different supports than others, and fulfilling this charge will necessitate a team-work and "all in" approach. With a focus on creating life-long learners and contributing members of the community, we assume the responsibility for the growth and development of the whole child, understanding that academic, behavioral and social-emotional instruction all play critical roles in the long-term success of our students.
Student Support Systems serves as a link between students, their families, school resources, and community-based health and social services.