What is Behavior Services?
Student Support Systems supports MPS by supporting general education and special education students who have been referred for additional behavioral support. Behavior Service's purpose is to enhance the conditions for learning by providing accessible behavioral support; reduce student behaviors that interfere with learning; provide crisis intervention; facilitate and acknowledge positive behavior, and achievement; foster supportive, caring relationships among students and with adults, by providing resources, direct and consult support and professional development related to behavior.
- Enhance the conditions for learning by providing accessible behavioral support.
- Reduce student behaviors that interferes with learning.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Facilitate and acknowledge positive attendance, behavior, and achievement.
- Foster supportive, caring relationships among students and with adults.
Student Support Systems supports MPS by providing an alternative option for general education students through the GUS program. GUS is designed to assist some students in developing social competence and positive behavior skills essential to their success in a school setting. GUS placement is based on a referral process which requires schools to exhaust their level of interventions.