The Heart of Learning and Teaching-This manual offers an in-depth look at the interconnectedness of issues critical to student academic success in today’s schools. These include a deeper understanding of learning and teaching, as well as the concepts of compassion, compassionate schools, resiliency, and school-community partnerships.
- Trauma and Services Adaptation Center
- Trauma Sensitive Schools
- Trauma Informed Care Project
- Don’t Miss These Connections Between SEL and Trauma-Informed Practice
- ACE Study
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network
Established by Congress in 2000, the National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) is a unique collaboration of academic and community-based service centers whose mission is to raise the standard of care and increase access to services for traumatized children and their families across the Untied States. Combining knowledge of child development, expertise in the full range of child traumatic experiences, and attention to cultural perspective, the NCTSN serves as a national resource for developing and disseminating evidence-based interventions, trauma-informed services, and public and professional education.
- The Trauma Aware Educator - Understanding the science of childhood trauma and its impact on students.
- The Language of Trauma and Loss
- Creating Sanctuary in the School
- Helping Traumatized Children Learn
- Supporting and Educating Traumatized Students: A Guide for School-Based Professionals
- The Heart of Learning and Teaching Compassion, Resiliency, and Academic Success
Reachout.com (variety of resources for students and schools