Prepare to Succeed
Information to help you get the most out of high school and plan for your future.
What should I be doing now to plan for my future?
Use the link below to get an overall view of what you should be taking care of each year you are in high school. We want to help make sure you are not only on track to graduate but have some plan to guide you toward your intended career. At the bottom of this page you will also find student-friendly grade level checklists that can be downloaded as a tool.
What is an ECAP?
In 2008, the Arizona State Board of Education voted into board rule the Education Career Action Plan (ECAP) for students in grades 9-12. Arizona educators believe that integrating the ECAP process into all facets of the school experience enables students to be lifelong learners and problem solvers, developing and applying 21st-century skills to their life experiences-as students, as workers, as consumers, and as responsible citizens.
Supports at School
Each of our high schools have School Counselors and Career Specialists who can help our students reach their academic and career goals. Services include the following:
• Facilitate students completion of an Educational and Career Action Plan (ECAP) prior to graduation
• Promote and recruit students for district-wide programs and opportunities
• Assist students in completing web-based scholarship and college applications
• Coordinate various college & career speakers and career-related field trips
• Provide information pertaining to and monitor the Career Exploration Program (CEP)
• Support with employment/career related programs