Mr. Brian C. Wilson, Director of Bands
CONCERT UPDATE Monday, April 30, 2018
With Mesa closing school for this Tuesday, May the First, I'm going to have to suspend any concert the Elementary Bands have until further notice. I love working with your kids, and they have done an amazing job this year. My hope is that when we return, I will be able to find a time to reschedule the concerts to showcase your children's hard work. Tell your kids hello from me, I do miss them.
Welcome to the 2017-2018 School Year!
IMPORTANT FOR 2017-2018
1. We do not use music folders. 6th, 7th and 8th grade students will need a 3 ring binder as well as sheet protectors for music. For Junior High this will also be used as their Music Portfolio which will be part of their grade.
2. Make sure you have the right method book for the right class. See list below. Order online, get it in a store, but plan ahead as we will use this in class almost immediately.
3. Get your instrument ready!!!! Junior High starts playing on Thursday (the second day of school). 6th grade on the 1st Monday. 5th and 4th will happen after their first meeting. Information will go home for Elementary. Need help? Email Mr. Wilson to see if the school has an instrument you can use.
THIS SCHOOL USES THE TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE METHOD BOOK
- Concert Band (listed as Advanced Band) - Please wait
- Cadet Band - Tradition of Excellence Book 2 (available to purchase online and in music stores)
- Intermediate Band - please wait for Mr Wilson's individual recommendation (if beginning student, then TOE book 1)
- 4th, 5th, 6th - Tradition of Excellence Book 1 (students will have access to a CLASSROOM SET at school, please purchase one for home practice)
Please visit the TAB marked Music Equipment needs to see what you need for this year!