Mrs. April Stevenson
Email: Click Here
Phone: (480) 472 - 3328
- Associate in Arts: Bakersfield College
- Bachelor in Arts, English: California State University Northridge
- Secondary Education Teaching Certification: University of LaVerne
Hello, my name is April Stevenson. I started teaching at the high school level in California. I taught all grade levels in that setting, but primarily 9th grade. In 2013, my husband and I relocated to Minnesota where I transitioned to teaching middle school. I taught 6th, 7th, and 8th grade ELA, spending most of my time at the 7th grade level. In 2019, we relocated again, but this time to sunny Arizona. I was very fortunate to become a part of Summit Academy and continue my middle school teaching journey at this wonderful school.
Outside of school, I enjoy spending time with my husband John and our dog (Steve). I'm also enjoying living so close to family again. My in-laws live in Arizona and my family is nearby in California. I love being outdoors and discovering all of the beauty Arizona has to offer.
I am really excited to be working with your student this year. Every school year is a new adventure, and I look forward to the journey of learning and growth that we'll all be on together. Below you will find a suggested supply list to start off the school year.
- Two Spiral Notebooks (one for each semester)
- Highlighters (Blue, Yellow, Pink, Orange, Green)
- Plenty of pencils
- Pens (for editing and revising)
- Plenty of loose leaf paper (College Ruled)
- Colored Pencils
- Glue Sticks (4)