The Theory of Plate Tectonics: Part 1
Notebook Table of Contents
- "Chemical Layers of Earth" notes taped in with notes along sides.
- "The Physical Layers of Earth" notes.
- Pangaea Lab Questions"
1. Describe, in detail, the process you took in order to re-create Pangaea. What evidence did you use and how did you use it?
2. What similarities are there between Pangaea and our current world map?
3. What differences are there between Pangaea and our current world map?
- "Theory of Continental Drift" notes taped in with blanks filled.
- "Theory of Sea Floor Spreading" notes taped in with blanks filled in.
- "The Theory of Plate Tectonics" notes with EQ copied.
- "Convection Currents Lamp" diagram with notes.
- "Tectonic Plate Boundaries" notes taped in with blanks filled in.
Chemical Layers- Crust, Mantle, Core
Physical Layers- Lithosphere, Asthenosphere, Mesosphere, Outer Core, Inner Core
Theory of Continental Drift- Alfred Wegener
Theory of Sea Floor Spreading- Harry Hess
Theory of Plate Tectonics
Tectonic Plate Boundaries- Convergent, Divergent, Transform