Notebook Table of Contents
- Page 55: Unit Title Page
- Page 56: Read the text, "Who Was Charles Darwin?" then write a half page summary.
Bell Work 11/9- "Habitat Change" worksheet.
- Page 57: "Into. to Adaptations" notes with three level 2 questions.
- Page 58: "Pocket Mouse Video Questions"
1. How did genetic mutations play a role in the fur color of the mouse?
2. How did natural selection work to change the % of light and dark mice found on the lava flows?
3. What was surprising to scientists when they decoded the genes of dark mice from different lava flows?
"Beak of the Finch" video questions
1. What was the driving force that caused the beak size/shape to change in the finches?
2. What kept the different species of finches from mating?
- Page 59: "Natural Selection" notes with three level 2 questions.
- Page 60: Bell Work 11/15- Read the text, "Battling Bacterial Evolution," then answer the following:
1. What issues do hospitals face (mentionoed in the article)?
2. How does anitbiotic resistance occur?
3. Why is it important to understand how natural selection works when using antibiotics?
"Anole Lizard" video questions
1. List the structural adaptations of the different species of lizards and explain how each helps them survive and reproduce.
"A Tail of Two Squirrels" text with reading questions.
- Page 61: "Speciation" notes.
- Page 62: "Desert Survival" text- What struggles do desert plants and animals face?
- Page 63: "Desert Survival Jigsaw" text taped in with notes from each section (x4).
- Page 64: "Tigers Take to the Night" article with reading questions answered in notebook.
Bell Work 11/17-
1. Define "structural adaptation" and describe three examples discussed in class.
2. Define "behavioral adaptations."
- Page 65: "Behavioral Adaptations" notes. Essential Question: How do certain behaviors help organisms survive and reproduce? Notes complete for 7 behaviors. Three level 2 questions written.
- Page 66: Behavioral Cycles Foldable
- Page 67: "Behavioral Cycles" reading notes. Essential Question: How do behavioral cycles help an organism survive and reproduce?
- Page 68: "Homeostasis: Why Do Dogs Pant?" reading questions answered using complete sentences that restate part of the question in the answer.
Bell Work 11/22- Create a Venn-diagram to compare/contrast Estivation and Hibernation.
- Page 69: "Homeostasis" notes (t-chart complete).
- Page 70-71: "Plant Adaptations" reading notes with text taped in.
- Page 72: "A Long Flight But No Baggage," then describe both behavioral and structural adaptations of the monarch butterfly.
"Voyage to the Galapagos" video guide taped in and completed.
Page 73: "Seed Dispersal" notes with drawings of seeds for each method of dispersal.
- Page 74: "Good Buddies" and "Good Buddies Arizona" taped in and completed.
- Page 75: "Types of Relationships in Ecosystems" notes. Essential Question: In what ways do organisms interact with each other in their environments? Write three level 2 questions.
- Page 76: Unit Review taped in and completed. Work may be completed on the notebook page if needed.
- Page 77-80: Fall Semester Review completed by answering all questions using complete sentences. Review may be found on Canvas.