Ms. Kendra Barro
Email: Click Here
Kendra N. Barro
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education, Arizona State University
- Master of Education in Instruction and Curriculum with an emphasis in Reading, Grand Canyon University
- Currently working towards a Master's Degree in Educational Leadership through Northern Arizona University
Certificates and Endorsements
- Standard Elementary Education, K-8 Certificate
- Structured English Immersion, Endorsement
- Reading Specialist, 6-12 Endorsement
Welcome to the 2017-18 school year. I am very excited to continue my teaching journey at Summit Academy for the second year. This is my seventh year teaching English, and I am looking forward to many more years, here in the Mesa District.
Below is a Suggested Supply List for the 2017-2018 School Year:
- Two Spiral Notebooks (1 for each semester)
- Highlighters (Blue, Yellow, Pink, Orange, Green)
- 25 Pencils
- Pens (Blue, Black, and Red)
- Loose Leaf Paper (College Ruled)
- Colored Pencils
- Glue Sticks (4)
When I am not at school I enjoy spending time with my family, going on adventures with my four year old, Connor, and being a life long learner. I am continuously on the search for new information regarding English, and Middle School students.
I am a firm believer that it takes a village. I hope to work with you and your student this year to ensure their success in my class. Please feel free to email or call me, with any questions or concerns.
Click here to see the Arizona College and Career Readiness standards for English Language Arts and Literacy at the middle school level. We will be focusing on writing, using informational text to reach our goals. Our focus for the first three quarters will focus on Argumentative and Informative essay writing to help prepare our students for the future. The last quarter of the year we will wrap up with Narrative writing, Poetry, and Public Speaking.
"If you can dream it, you can do it" Walt Disney