Procedures for Survival in Class
My goal is to prepare you for a successful high school career. Read carefully, your success in this class depend on these procedures. When in doubt reread and then apply. All procedures support a safe and productive learning environment.
Our three classroom rules:
· Be Respectful
· Be Responsible
· Be Safe
1. Be in your seat before the bell rings
2.Tardiness=anywhere but in your seat without your materials
3. Foul and disrespectful language is not permitted anywhere on campus
4. No food, drink, and/or chewing gum
5. Please keep your comments and questions on-task and raise your hand when you have something to contribute
6. Do not interrupt the class learning environment with personal questions that should be asked before or after class such as missed work, grades, or discipline
7. Be positive and demonstrate a growth mindset
1. Enter the classroom calmly
2. Be ready to learn before class starts
· Sharpen pencil(s)
· Fill out planner (homework)
· Homework on desk (work not out is late)
3. Silent Sustained Writing
4. Keep all notes and assignments until I tell you otherwise.
5. Work hard
6. When Absent:
· Check the class calendar
· Fill in planner
· Gather missing work
· Turn in completed work
1. Stay seated
2. Rough housing, play fighting, tag, and flirting are unacceptable classroom activities
3. Keep all objects to yourself (no touching, throwing, tossing, sailing, passing etc.)
4. The bell does not dismiss you-please wait to pack-up until directed.
5. Please take all drills seriously.
6. During the fire drills, quietly exit the room and head towards the softball fields. When outside line up in two lines and wait quietly to hear your name being called. During a lock down drill-stay quiet!
7. Be Kind
Let's make this year the best one yet!!!
***Issues with these policies will result in a parent letter home and after-school detention. Repeated issues will result in an office referral.