PARENT PARKING GUIDELINES
A. Parent Parking
1. During the school day between 8:25 am to 2:40pm parents may use the visitor parking spaces in the front parking lot. The front parking lot is closed to visitors from 8:00-8:25 am and between 2:40-3:10 pm daily. On Wednesdays between 2:10- 2:40 pm.
2. No parking is allowed anywhere around Taft on our side of the street along Quarterline (south), 97th Place (west), nor 98th Place (east). Parking is allowed along Des Moines Street on the north side of the campus.
3. Parents may not park in the staff parking lot near the dumpsters in the center of the campus.
B. Parent Drop Off/Pick Up
1. Parent drop off is allowed anywhere along 98th Street directly south of the front of school. We want parents to park here and have their students use the crosswalk with a crossing guard right front of the Taft school sign.
2. Parent may drop off students along Mason Way on the west side of our school so students can use the crossing guard there to cross safely.
3. Parent drop off is allowed in the new Parent Pick Up/Drop Off parking lot on the northwest corner of our property.
4. Parent drop off is allowed anywhere along Des Moines Street to the north of our school.
5. DO NOT PARK, AT ANY TIME, IN THE FRONT PARKING LOT TO PICK UP OR DROP OFF YOUR CHILD.
6. No other areas near or around the school are allowed for drop off other than those listed above.
C. Head Start Drop Off/ Pick Up
1. Parents of students in these programs are required to walk thier students to and from the classroom door.
2. Park along 98th Street on the south end of campus, cross using the crosswalk, and walk onto campus.
3. Park along Mason Way on the west side of campus and walk onto campus.
4. Park along Des Moines on the north side of campus and walk onto campus.