Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent Teacher Conferences will be Monday, October 16th through Thursday, October 19.
Why Are Parent Teacher Conferences Important?
Conferences are a valuable resource in the education of your child. During conferences, the teacher and parent/guardian have the opportunity to communicate valuable information that will help the student throughout their education. Parents, your active participation is essential! Working with your child’s teacher is one of the first steps in helping your child achieve academic success. Communication between home and school is one of the best ways to ensure that your child’s school experience is a successful one.
APPOINTMENT FORMS WERE SENT HOME ON MONDAY SEPTEMBER 25TH. Please return ASAP!
REPORT CARDS. You will receive your child’s first quarter report card during your conference time.
PLEASE BE ON TIME. Write down the time of your appointment and arrive promptly. If you can't make the conference as scheduled, call the office at 472-9100 and notify the teacher.
WE ARE STRIVING FOR 100% ATTENDANCE. We will call you to reschedule if you miss your appointment.
Top 10 Questions to Ask at a Parent Teacher Conference
- What are my child’s strengths and weaknesses?
- What is my child’s learning style?
- Do you keep examples of my child’s work in a folder/portfolio?
- How do you assess my child’s progress?
- How does my child interact with other children?
- What can we do at home to support classroom learning?
- Are my child’s assignments completed on time and accurately?
- What is my child’s behavior like in the classroom?
- What books has my child read this year? Do you have a book list for his/her age and ability level?
- What is the best way to contact you?