Title I Progam
General Program Information
Title I is the largest federal aid program for public schools. This program provides additional funds for educating disadvantaged or underserved children. Title I-A is a section of Every Student Succeeds Act (previously ESEA) that establishes intervention programs for preschool to 8th grade students. The services provided are for students at-risk of not meeting Arizona's K-12 Standards in reading and math, to increase their skills and reach grade-level proficiency.
Mesa Title I schools are provided with additional funding that can be used to:
Title I schools are required to provide families with policy and program information using various forms of communication:
- Holding an annual meeting to explain Title I policy and programs.
- Providing families with up-to-date academic information about their children in an easy to understand format.
- Offering families a flexible number of meetings on Title I policy and programs.
- Involving families in the decision making process on how family involvement dollars are spent.
- Providing families with a compact entered by the school, the parent, and the child acknowledging responsibility for student success.