You have reached the Mesa, Arizona Public Schools site. If you are a student or parent of a preschool to 12thtitle x icon grade student in Mesa and need to speak to someone in the McKinney-Vento office, please contact us at 480-472-0291 or

Educational Assistance

The McKinney-Vento Act defines homeless children and youths as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.

Unaccompanied Minors are defined as a homeless child or youth not in the physical custody of a parent or guardian.

In addition, a young person who is both homeless (experiencing homelessness according to the McKinney-Vento definition) and unaccompanied (not in the physical custody of a parent or guardian), may be eligible for McKinney-Vento.

Rights Information

For more information regarding homeless student rights, please refer to the following English or Spanish document. 

McKinney-Vento Services

Eligible student may qualify for the following:

  • Before/After school programming for these organizations:
    • MPS Xplore (selected sites)
    • Boys and Girls Club
    • YMCA
    • City of Mesa, Jefferson and Webster Recreation Centers
  • Free breakfast and lunch
  • Assistance with school fees, fines and supplies
  • Referrals to community agencies
  • Transportation if applicable


Main office 480-472-0291

Contact Information

Rita Bracamonte-Rodriguez | Liaison

Allee Klingensmith | Social Worker

Jane Foley-Graeff | Assistant

Dr. Patricia Estes | Director of Federal Grants

McKinney-Vento Forms

End of Year letter available

Support for Families in Transition