Awesome Job Warriors!
Congratulations to all of our Warriors on their many accomplishments!
Westwood Robotics won the Innovation in Control Award for the most outstanding control systems and program integration of the 50 teams competing in the Arizona North Regional. Earning this award is great recognition of the hard work and dedication of the entire team and our programmers in particular. Super work Westwood Robotics!
Congratulations goes out to Jill Barcena who just won a trip to Washington DC this summer to represent Arizona for the Women in Transportation Symposium Summit. Her essay responses as well as her work in our STEM initiatives helped her to win the nomination - way to go Jill!
- The Westwood Academic Decathlon team placed 3rd in the State!!! (ahead of all schools in Mesa!)
- Nathan Bergman placed 1st OVERALL in the State with a new State record of 9287!!! He won gold medals in Music, Science and Economics. He won BEST Essay in the State. He also won silver medals in Math and Social Science and a bronze medal in Language and Literature.
- Frankie O'Neill won gold medals in Art and Social Science. She won a bronze medal in Economics.
- Liam Wilson placed 3rd overall in the Scholastic Division. He won gold medals in Language and Literature and Essay. He won silver medals in Science and Economics.
- Gordon He won a bronze medal in Math.
A congratulations goes out to Cora Stevens has been selected to receive the Western Region DECA Scholarship/Western Region scholarship in the amount of $1000. She will be recognized at our International DECA conference in April located in Anaheim, California. As she was a state qualifier, she will also be competing in the event Quick Serve Restaurant Management.
Model UN Coach, Mr. Brian BUck, is pleased to announce that the 21st annual Saint Petersburg International MUN conference has just ended and Westwood is bringing home several awards.
Our delegation of eleven students was spread out over seven of the eight committees at the conference. There were 460 students from 31 schools, from 17 countries squeezed into those eight committees. Each committee selects three Best Delegate Awards based on their performance over three days of diplomacy trying to write, debate and sometimes pass resolutions to address the worlds most pressing issues.
- Best Delegate Awards go to David Jaffe, Jessica Yan and Joseph Ritchie.
- Runners-Up go to Lindsay McConnell, Jeremy Chesney and Finn Lynch
- David and Lindsay were able to sponsor and pass resolutions in their committees ( a rare feat).
Thanks to all our chaperones, parents and Westwood teachers for supporting this international diplomatic effort!