NEW ONLINE ATHLETIC REGISTRATION
In order to compete on an athletic team, all student athletes must be registered online at registermyathlete.com and be cleared through the Athletic Department at Westwood High School.
Register My Athlete is a one time only registration process. Parents will create an account and profile for their student and be able to update the information as needed for future school years. Please click on the Parent/Athlete Letter tab for detailed instructions. Packets with instructions can also be picked up in the athletic office.
ACADEMIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT
- Students must pass all classes (minimum of 5) at the end of each grading period (semester grades are used at the end of the 2nd and 4th 9-week period). Students must be enrolled in 5 classes. Exceptions are available for a senior on-line to graduate. Seniors must be enrolled in a minimum of 4 classes. Contact the athletic office for clarification.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Participation in athletics in Mesa Public Schools is regarded as a privilege. With this privilege, student athletes are expected to adhere to a high standard of behavior. All student athletes and parents must electronically sign the Code of Conduct.
- Online eligibility documents, including the Brainbook Concussion Certificate, must be submitted to the school's administrative office. Student eligibility must be approved prior to the start of tryouts. Per AIA bylaws, only physicals dated AFTER March 1 of the current school year will be accepted as part of the eligibility process for the following school year.
- Student-Athletes must live within the school attendance area. If the student-athlete does not live in the attendance area, they must have an approved open enrollment form on file and meet additional requirements set forth by the Arizona Interscholastic Association.
HOME SCHOOLED STUDENTS
- Home schooled students must be registered with the State Department of Education. If registered, home schooled students are eligible in the school district in which they reside. Home schooled students must meet all other conditions of athletic eligibility including academic requirements.
- If a Student -Athlete becomes 19 years of age after September 1st, they are eligible to compete for the remainder of the school year. A Student-Athlete is only eligible for eight semesters from the time of enrollment in the 9th grade. The 7th and 8th semesters must be consecutive.
- If you are transferring to Westwood from another high school, you will need to complete the AIA 520 form to be eligible to compete in a sport. This form can be completed online at http://aiaonline.org/520/