Westwood Native American Club
The Westwood Native American Club is a student organization that works to serve the needs of Native American students at Westwood High School through the sharing of culture and heritage of Native Americans and stimulate the interest in higher education. The club provides its members with a social outlet, acting as a source of friendship, and support for everyone involved.
- Provide a social support group for Native American students at Westwood High School
- Inform the university community and the general public about issues facing Native peoples
- Act as a liaison between the Native students and Westwood High School and larger communities
- To maintain the identity and image of Native Americans by participating in campus and community activities and to provide services wherever and whenever it may be of mutual benefit to do so.
- To inspire and enable all young people to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens.
If you are interested in Native American culture and would like to join us, please contact Coach Hill, club advisor. Please note you do not have to be Native American to participate in club activities and club events. Everyone is welcome and anyone can become a member.
Club Adviser: Coach Hill
Elected Officers 2019-2020
President: Autumn Richards
Vice President: Melani Mitchell
Treasurer: Polisi Tutt
Secretary: Sommer Richards
Activities Director: Jeremy Lynch
The Native American Club has started the new school year with 25 club members. Fantastic start to a promising year.