Now enrolling K-12 students for the 2021-22 school year | Ahora inscribiendo estudiantes de kínder a doceavo grado para el año escolar 2021-22 Enroll now | Inscríbase ahora

What is a tax credit? 

A tax credit is a dollar-for-dollar reduction in the actual tax owed. For example, if you owe $800 in state income taxes and you donate $400 to a public school for extracurricular activities, you may subtract the $400 from your tax bill and pay the state just $400. Please note: ECA donations are not refundable.

What is an extracurricular activity?

Extracurricular activity means any optional, noncredit educational or recreational activity that supplements the education program of the school. Activities such as sports, visual and performing arts, special programs, character building, field trips, clubs, outdoor education, gifted programs or classroom enrichment programs can be funded with tax credit money.

Extracurricular activities help children develop qualities such as leadership, team play and cooperation. They also provide safe, supervised activities after school hours.

Who is eligible to contribute?

This tax credit is available to all individual Arizona taxpayers whether they have children in school or not. An individual can contribute and receive a tax credit for any amount up to $200, or a couple filing jointly may contribute up to $400.

Does all of my money go to student activities?

Yes, 100 percent of your donation goes directly to the schools to benefit students through extracurricular activities, character education or standardized testing as outlined in state statute. None of the money is used for overhead.

Designate your donation to go:  Navigate the following links

>Make a Donation

>Guest Account (register)

>Items at all schools

>High Schools


>Donation – ECA tax or Eligible

>L to P

> scroll down to 8761 – Native American – ECA

Enter your dollar amount.

Do I have to donate the full $200 or $400?

No, you may donate up to your $200 or $400 limit in installments during the calendar year or donate it at one time. Any individual who pays Arizona State income tax can donate; you do not need to live in the Mesa Public Schools boundaries.

How can I make a contribution?

Tax Credit Contribution Form: Print the contribution form and mail it to the address listed on the form.

Online Tax Credit Contribution: You may also make a tax credit contribution online. The link will take you to a secure payment site.

If you have questions regarding your tax credit donation, please call 480-472-0133.

Drop-off location

Drop off a completed contribution form, including your credit card information or your check, at the Mesa Public Schools dropbox, located on the first floor of the First Fidelity Bank Building, 63 E. Main Street, between Mesa Drive and Country Club Drive, just east of the Mesa Arts Center.


Offices are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays