Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
Welcome to Mrs. Jeppesen's class. As always, I am looking forward to a great year. I just want to let you know what my expectations and policies are for the classroom.
I will be grading not just your assignments but also your behavior. It is based on 5 points. You will get a point for each of the following:
1. Come to class prepared - have your pencils, books and yourselves ready to go.
2. Come to class on time - be in your seat BEFORE the second bell rings.
3. Participate - answer and do your best while in class. No wallflowers!
4. Do your work - I do not give homework, but I do expect you to work hard while in class.
5. Be respectful - not just to the teacher but also to other classmates. Use polite words like please and thank you. Do not interrupt the learning of others.
If a student is having a hard time following the rules in class, these are the policies that I follow.
1. Verbal warning - Will remind the student of the rules.
2. Private discussion - Will step outside to talk about expectations
3. Lunch detention - Will come in during their lunch and we will call home.
4. MIR - The administration will be getting involved in the discipline.
If you have any questions, please call or email and I will get back as soon as possible.