Paid Internship (Web Development)
Paid Interns must be 16 years old. To receive Course Credit, student must be a current Senior with 1 CTE Carnegie Unit
Student intern process is as follows:
- The student will email a cover letter and resume to the hiring department and to Mr. Vega
- Student fills out intern documents (Available on CTE website, select the More tab, select WBL)
- Student fills out student worker application online (Application link will be available on CTE website, select the More tab, under WBL)
- The department sets up an interview with the student
- If the job is offered to the student they fill out the HR documents & go to HR for processing
- The hiring department (aka employer) puts the PARF on for the student worker / intern (aka employee)
- The student can begin clocking in / working as soon as the student has been approved
Students taking CTE classes are 79% Less likely to drop out, are more engaged in school, & attend more regularly. Gupta, S. (2013, April). On the Rise. Retrieved from: http://morrisoninstitute.asu.edu/
CTE: Computing Science - Rm. 903 - Phone: (480) 472-4594
Dear Parents & Guardians, Welcome! I am a CTE Teacher serving at Westwood High School. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your teenager’s successful year. I love learning from, and leading, high school students. Previous to teaching, I earned a Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems and later another in Information Technology. For several years I worked with local & global fast growing companies, leading the efforts to improve various technology and business processes. Then immediately after earning my Masters in Secondary Education I began teaching in Mesa Public Schools. Now, I am honored to work with you and your child at Westwood High where the needs of the student come first.
I look forward to hearing from you, so please contact me anytime you wish. The best time to reach me is during my office hours of 7:30 am – 3:30 pm. I invite you to call me anytime at 480-472-4594 or you may also email me. For specific class information, please browse the links on this page.
You may also check out the following video highlighting CTE Pathways in Computers, Business, and Technology