Teachers will handle tardies in their classroom.
- Tardy is defined as a student who is not across the door threshold when the bell finishes ringing.
- Students who enter the classroom prior to the 10 minute mark will still be marked tardy, but will remain in the classroom.
- Students who arrive after the 10 minute mark will be sent to room 406 and will be marked as an unexcused tardy (TDU) by administrator.
- Students with 1-4 tardies will be handled with the classroom teacher.
- By the 3rd tardy, teacher will give student verbal warning and call home.
- When the student reaches his/her 5th tardy, teacher may call parents, write a referral, and send to the appropriate attendance dean.
- Teachers may then write a referral for each subsequent tardy.
- Each referral will state the period and number of tardies (ex: 5th tardy, 2nd period)
- Tardies will reset at the beginning of each quarter.
The following are possible consequences, decided by the attendance dean and administration
- 1st teacher referral - lunch detention
- No show to lunch detention equals 1 Saturday School
- 2nd teacher referral - 2 lunch detentions
- If student misses two consecutive lunch detentions, a referral should be sent to the grade level administrator.
- 3rd teacher referral - Saturday
- No shows to Saturday School will be handled by grade level administrator.
- 4th teacher referral or more will be sent to the grade level administrator.