The goal of the Accelerated Reader program is:
- To improve reading skills
- To provide an opportunity for all students to read independently
- To ensure success for each student as a reader
- To build student's self confidence
- To inspire a love of reading
- To develop lifelong leaners
How Parents Can Help:
- Encourage extra reading time at home. Reading with and to your child is important too! We suggest students read at least 15-20 minutes a day at home for maximum reading growth and achievement.
- Encourage your child to discuss what they are reading.
- Watch for T.O.P.S reports to come home and praise your child for their success! (A TOPS report is printed after each test a student takes. This provides the child, teacher and parents information about their child's progress)
- Access Accelerated Reader from home to view your child's point goals, percentage correct and books they have read.
To access AR from home:
- Click the following link: https://mymps.mpsaz.org/
or access the MY MPS Portal by going to the MPS home page at www.mpsaz.org
- Click on Students
- Click on Accelerated Reader
- Log in using your child's AR user name and password (This information can either be obtained from your studen'ts teacher or the student will already know it)
- View your child's latest AR quiz, average percent correct, points achieved, and average book level goal. Use the "View my Bookshelf" link to see a history of all books read.