School Bell Schedule
School begins at: 7:45 am
Release time at: 2:15 pm
Early Release on Wednesday: 1:15 pm
Parents: If your student is going
to be absent, please make sure you
notify the office! The direct line for attendance
is (480) 472-9292 and is available 24 hrs a day.
Regular attendance and arriving at school on time help children develop positive attitudes about learning. Frequent absences or tardies cause a disruption to the learning process and are upsetting for students.
Pursuant to ARS 15-807; Absence From School; Notification of Parent or Person Having Custody of Pupil:
- In case of absence from school, the parent/guardian is required to notify the school attendance personnel in advance of, or at the time of absence. School Attendance Office number to be called is: (480) 472-9292.
- At the time of registration, the parent/guardian is required to furnish the school with at least one telephone number, if available, where the parent/guardian may be contacted during the school day. If there is a change in telephone numbers during the school year, the parent/guardian is to notify the school office promptly.
- In case a student is absent from school and the parent/guardian has not notified the school, school attendance personnel will make a reasonable effort to notify parent/guardian within two (2) hours after the first class in which the pupil is absent.
A student with 5 or more unexecused absences is considered habitually truant.
- 3 Unexcused absences in a row may result in a welfare check by an MPS Security Officer. Please remain in contact with the school regarding your student's absence.
At Wilson, our attendance line is available to receive calls 24 hours a day. We need to know where all of our students are by 8:15 am. As soon as you know that your student will be absent or late to school, please call (480) 472-9292, and leave a message on the attendance line.
By Arizona law, a student is considered habitually truant if absent without
excuse for 5 or more days or if absent, with or without excuse, for 18 or more
days per school year. Attendance Letters will be sent home when a student reaches:
First letter—5 absences (combination of excused and/or unexcused)¨
Second letter—10 absences (combination of excused and/or unexcused)
Third letter—18 absences (combination of excused and/or unexcused)
Tardiness results in a serious loss of instruction time for the student and a distraction for his/her teacher and classmates. A student is tardy if not seated in the classroom when the final bell for the start of class rings at 7:45 AM. Parents are responsible for ensuring that their child arrives at school early enough to get to class on time. You can help your child be ready for the school day on a positive note when they arrive on time, ready to learn. Parents, please help your child be ready to learn by:
*Arranging your schedule so that your children are not rushed as they arrive.
*Prepare some items the night before, such as homework, clothing, and lunches.
*Provide a healthy breakfast or take advantage of the breakfast served at school.
* Make arrangements for after school plans before they leave home.