Xplore is an exciting, extended-day program for K-6 students offered through the Community Education Department of Mesa Public Schools.
Children will experience a wide variety of instructional and recreational activities including academic support, engineering, science, virtual reality, athletics and more.
Please review the Parent Handbook for hours of operation, early release days, October/spring break and program holiday/closure dates.
Before school: $135/month
After school: $240/month
Fee assistance/MPS discount information is below
- Parents will remain in their cars for drop off and pick up as staff will verbally screen prior to escorting children to Xplore
- Face coverings will be required for staff and students.
- Group sizes of 10 or fewer and physical distancing protocols to the degree possible
- Each group of children will have its own materials to the degree possible
- Hourly cleaning of high touch surfaces
- No field trips but special activities will rotate to each group
- Water fountains are not recommended for use. Please bring a water bottle daily.
Fee assistance & MPS discount
Fee assistance is available based upon meal eligibility status.
Monthly free reduced rates: $114/month before school, $204/month after school
Monthly MPS discount rates: $102/month before school, $180/month after school
To obtain fee assistance/MPS discount:
Email Community Education firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your current MPS Food & Nutrition Eligibility Notification Letter (if applicable)
- MPS Employee name & EIN
- Student name for whom assistance/discount is requested
- MPS student ID number
If you need a copy of your current Eligibility Notification Letter, click the red button on the Food & Nutrition website.
Community Education supports the MPS Promise – Every student in Mesa Public Schools is known by name, served by strength and need, and graduates ready for college, career and community.