As allowed by the governor, community education is offering Xplore enrichment centers at 9 MPS elementary schools from 7 am - 6 pm. The programs will follow CDC health and safety protocols regarding masks for staff and students as well as physical distancing as much as possible. The tuition-based program is available for all K-6th grade students. Fee assistance is available. If there is not a program at your child's school, you can register for another location.
Enrichment centers will be available for two weeks (8/4-7 and 8/10-14)
Enrichment center hours of operation: 7 am - 6 pm
Fee: $165 per week - Fee assistance and MPS discount are available, see below
Information will be provided by MPS for options starting August 17th.
Registration for traditional school-year Xplore has been suspended until further notice.
Fee assistance & MPS discount
Fee assistance is available based upon meal eligibility status.
Cost for families eligible for reduced-price lunch: $135/wk
Cost for families eligible for free lunch: $105/wk
A MPS discount is available for Mesa Public Schools employees. Substitutes are not eligible. $105/wk
To obtain fee assistance/MPS discount:
Email Community Education firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your current MPS Food & Nutrition Eligibility Notification Letter (if applicable)
- MPS Employee name & EIN
- Student name for whom assistance/discount is requested
- MPS student ID number
- Location at which the child will attend Xplore enrichment center.
If you need a copy of your current Eligibility Notification Letter, contact Yvonne Whiting: email@example.com
While time will be allotted to allow children to participate in remote learning, it may not align with every classroom teacher's schedule. The Xplore enrichment center staff will be present to support children as best as possible but are not responsible for the delivery of classroom curriculum. In order to participate in remote learning, a child must bring his/her district issued laptop and power cord every day. The schools will not have loaner laptops or computers available.
- Parents will remain in their cars for drop off and pick up as staff will verbally screen prior to escorting children to Xplore
- Face coverings will be required for staff. Face coverings will be required for all students 6 years of age and older
- Group sizes of 10 or fewer per classroom and physical distancing protocols to the degree possible
- Each group of children will have its own materials to the degree possible
- Hourly cleaning of high touch surfaces
- No field trips but special activities will rotate to each group
Online registration/payment steps:
Select the register online button above
Sign in and select your student
Type Xplore in the search field
Select the school of your choice
Weeks will be available as indicated above
Community Education supports the MPS Promise – Every student in Mesa Public Schools is known by name, served by strength and need, and graduates ready for college, career and community.