· Our school is a family. We care for one another and value each other’s voices.
· We are all learners and our passions are contagious. We unite as we celebrate each other’s growth, achievements and successes.
· It is important to share our stories. This is one way we merge heart and intellect.
· Children are brilliant. Their feelings, ideas, gifts and talents are respected and shared.
· Smiles and laughter make everything easier. Love serves as a motivator until desire to learn is cultivated.
· Learning that travels through the heart inspires greater meaning and purpose.
· Learning is a social experience. We make meaning together through collaborative dialogue.
· We learn through inquiry. The learning in our classrooms mirrors the work that readers, writers, mathematicians, scientists, and social scientists do.
· Students and teachers need time—time to think, time to wonder, time to explore, and time to share their findings— together.