Arrival and Dismissal Guidelines
Students should have adult supervision at all times while on our campus. Since teachers report for their duty assignment at 7:05 a.m., please arrange your child's departure from home so that he/she arrives at school after 7:05 a.m.
All Zaharis students should leave campus at dismissal time unless they are being cared for in an on-campus, after-school program or have written permission from parents or staff members.
If a student is consistently on campus without supervision before or after school hours, parents/guardians will receive notification so they may address the issue.
Many students have the privilege of riding the school bus to and from school. There are district transportation policies for appropriate rider etiquette that must be followed. Behavior concerns will generate bus referrals and may result in the loss of riding privileges.
Parking Lot Guidelines
Thank you for your assistance in making the parking lot a safer place for our students.
- Please pull as far forward as possible in the drop-off lane to drop off your child. Come to a complete stop and allow your child to exit on the passenger side only.
- Kindergarten drop-off is located further down toward the school mailbox and music room.
- If you park in the parking lot for drop-off, you must walk your child to the sidewalk. Please use the raised crosswalk to do so. Cutting into traffic is dangerous and slows traffic.
- The small parking lot near the office is for staff and disabled parking only.
Bicycles, Rollerblades, and Scooters
The parents of Zaharis students may give their child permission to ride bikes, rollerblades, and scooters to school; however, we can assume no responsibility for these items. If your child chooses any of these modes of transportation, the following rules will be enforced:
- Park and lock bicycles in bike rack.
- Bicycles are not to be brought to school without a chain or lock.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, and scooters are not to be ridden in the parking lot, on sidewalks, or anywhere on school grounds at any time.
- Infractions of these rules or other dangerous uses of bikes, rollerblades, or scooters to and from school may mean the loss of these privileges.
After-School Program Transportation
Parents are responsible for arranging transportation for students participating in after-school programs.