Why It's Important For Children To Be Active:
- Physical activity helps build strong bones, muscles, lungs and heart
- Being healthy helps keep them from getting sick
- Activity strengthens and stimulates their brains: Increased fitness = Improved academics!
- Provides a challenge while learning and developing new skills
- Allows them to have fun and make new friends!
How You Can Help:
- Encourage kids to try different sports and activities
- Be a positive role model
- Limit amount of sedentary or 'still' time spent on electronics
- Practice healthy food and drink choices
- Make time to be active together!