Mesa Academy for Advanced Studies
MAAS Student Council provides leadership opportunities for students. Student Council officers and members represent the school and the IB Traits. Members respond to student issues and host activities which promote school spirit. This builds community which fosters academic achievement. Student Council members work with students, faculty, staff, parents and administrators to make things happen in a timely manner.
The purpose of Student Council is to:
· help make the school a better place for students and staff;
· encourage students to participate in school activities;
· communicate ideas from the students to the administration;
· encourage the practice of good citizenship and to serve as an example in leadership; and
· give students an opportunity to learn about parliamentary procedures, elections, delegation, and membership in organizations.
All students can run to become student council representatives for their homeroom class at the beginning of the year, and 5th, 6th and 7th graders can run for office at the end of the school year.
Questions? See Mrs. Chung-Wipff!
Requirements of Candidates and Positions
1. Demonstrate Good Citizenship
2. Maintain Good Academic Standing
3. Be Involved in Student Council Activities
Attendance is critical. Any unexcused absences from the meeting (definition: you were in school, but did not come to the meeting) will automatically be grounds for dismissal. Please let me know ASAP if you cannot come to the meeting. Two excused absences are allowed (excused absences include: illness, academic events, family emergency).
Welcome new Student Council Officers of 2020-21!
|Vice President||CJ Moore|
Director of Health & Wellness
|Chung-Wipff||Aiden Dawson||Benjamin Walker|
|Todd||Cybil Lasch||Alice Hancock|
|Heitland||Elliot Wolflig||Brody Ehrman|
|Tu||Davis Sterling||Melany Becerra Mejia|
|Brown||Ava Horihan||Abigail Allport|
|Munoz||Drew Jury||Chaz Schubert|
|Knockles||Kaci Stoddard||Vivian Merrill|
|Wylie||Layla Spangler||Kiley Viahoulis|
Meetings are VIRTUAL and dates are subject to change:
October 14, 2020
November 18, 2020
December 9, 2020
January 13, 2020
February 10, 2020
March 3, 2020
April 14, 2020
May 12th, 2020