Academy Novel Writing Club News
Announcement Update: 12/7/2021
NaNoWriMo 2021 Has Concluded!!!
The last meeting of the Novel Writing Club was held Tuesday, December 7th, after 8th hour, in Rm. 7.
Thank you for participating in NaNoWriMo 2021!
- Tuesday, November 2nd - "Write In", Rm. 7, 3:45p - 4:45p - PPT Presentation 10/4/2021
- Tuesday, November 9th - "Write In", Rm. 7, 3:45p - 4:45p - PPT Presentation 10/9/2021
- Tuesday, November 16th - "Write In", Rm. 7, 3:45p - 4:45p - PPT Presentation 10/16/2021
- Tuesday, November 23rd - "Write In", Rm. 7, 3:45p - 4:45p - PPT Presentation 10/23/2021
- Tuesday, November 30th - "Write In" and LAST DAY of NANOWRIMO! PPT Presentation 12/30/2021
- Tuesday, December 7th - TGIO (Thank Goodness It's Over) Party. You may bring a 200-word (maximum) excerpt from your NaNoNovel to share with the club.
What is the Novel Writing Club?
- Do you like to create imaginary worlds? Memorable characters? Story lines with unexpected twists and turns? If so, the Academy Novel Writing Club is for you!
- The purpose of the club is to encourage imagination and promote literacy. Each Fall, club members participate in the annual, international National Novel Writing Month (also known as NaNoWriMo)! Novel Writing Club members will receive writer passes to go to the Media Center before school and during lunch to work on their NaNoNovels.
Who Can Participate?
- All Academy students and staff. If you are a 4th or 5th grader, you must go to study hall during 8th hour. The meeting is held AFTER 8th hour at 3:45p.
When/Where Do We Meet?
- ALMOST every Tuesday this Fall, after 8th hour in Rm. 7. Meetings end at 4:45p. See list below. Also, check in with this website AND listen to ABS announcements in case there's an emergency cancellation.
Why Do We Meet?
- To prepare ourselves for NaNoWriMo! To write our novels during NaNoWriMo! To celebrate after NaNoWriMo! Print the following document and bring the completed questionnaire to the first meeting in September.
- Tuesday, September 7th - OVERVIEW - What is NaNoWriMo? When is it? How does it work? DONE
- Tuesday, September 14th - Planning Your Theme. Who is your hero? DONE
- Tuesday, September 21st - Dramatic Question DONE
- Tuesday, September 28th - Hero Map - DONE
- Tuesday, October 5th - NO MEETING. OCTOBER BREAK - DONE
- Tuesday, October 12th - Six-Stage Story Structure - Part 1 - DONE
- Tuesday, October 19th - Six-Stage Story Structure - Part 2 and HEA (Happily Ever After...or not!) - DONE
- Tuesday, October 26th - Creating a Synopsis and Chapters From Your Novel Structure - NWC Part 3 and How to Write a Chapter - NWC Part 4 - DONE
- Tuesday, November 30th - last meeting day - DONE
- Tuesday, December 7th - TGIO Party - DONE