Emergency preparedness in Mesa Public Schools
The health and safety of students and staff is our top priority
- Masks are optional on campus under normal circumstances.
- Students and staff members who are sick or test positive for COVID-19 must remain at home until they are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medication and their symptoms have improved. Upon return, we will ask, not require, that students and staff wear a mask for five days.
- Students and staff members who test positive for COVID-19 but have no symptoms will be asked, but not required, to wear a mask.
- Students will be sent home if they have a fever or multiple symptoms.
- Outbreak letters will be sent to students in a classroom or program that has three or more cases.
Other previous practices such as the dashboard, community letters, etc. have been discontinued.
Improved safety and security protocols
- Fence gates, exterior doors including the front door, and classroom doors are locked when school is in session.
- Depending on the school, visitor entry is through a secure front lobby or via a camera and buzzer system on the front door.
- Elementary schools use a computerized system to log visitor identity and access.