Remote learning model
- Reflect on their learning and self-assess using tools provided by their teachers.
- Participate in training/instruction in remote learning expectations.
- Access assignments on their own time and at their own pace, but make adequate weekly progress in all courses.
- Participate in teacher lessons when scheduled, and/or review recordings as needed.
- Respond to emails and messages from the school within 24 hours.
- Proactively communicate with teachers and/or school staff what is working and what is not.
- Follow district technology expectations and guidelines.
- Know and access the district and school support structures for technology and digital curriculum as needed.
- Participate in training on the appropriate use of devices.
- Participate in training on how to use the Canvas learning management system.
- Participate in training on how to use other integrated technology software and programs.
- Engage in social and emotional learning (SEL) check-ins and reflections using teacher provided tools.
- Help children be ready to learn by providing a supportive learning environment including time, space and resources necessary for learning.
- Communicate regularly with teachers(s) and school regarding needs.
- Take advantage of parent resources available on school websites to support student learning.
- Update school with accurate contact information, such as email, phone number and address, and preferred time for check-ins.
- Monitor student progress within Canvas (Canvas Observer) and the Parent Portal.
- Monitor student engagement through planning, prioritizing, organization, goal setting and time management.
- Collaborate with teachers to increase student motivation and engagement.
- Monitor the use and care of district-provided devices.
- Contact your teacher and/or principal for assistance when needed.
- Share information with school staff regarding the impact of school closure and pandemic on the family.
- Communicate with school staff any barriers to participating in remote learning.