Supports for special education students
Remote learning model
- Staff will make weekly parent contact to be responsive to student needs.
- Meaningful collaboration between all IEP team members for each child.
- IEP meetings will continue as required.
- For the intended audience, teachers will use Florida Virtual Learning for general education access and Freckle as a differentiated instructional resource.
- For the intended audience, teachers will use Unique as an online standards-based program that provides students with meaningful access to the general education curriculum with the support of a symbol communication tool.
- Secondary students will use MDLP and GradPoint for learning.
- Reading instruction will be provided using a Multisensory Reading Approach.
- Teachers have access to additional resources to meet the IEP goals of students receiving specially designed instruction.
- Social and emotional learning, and counseling support is available using Sanford Harmony and TeachTown Social Skills.
- Teletherapy is available for speech and language and occupational therapy.
- Staff will collaborate with general education teachers to ensure accommodations and modifications are in place for students to access general education curriculum.
- Teachers will be supported by their site-assigned instructional coach.