Welcome to Bush Montessori
Why Choose Montessori at Bush?
- Free K-6 Montessori education in a public school setting
- Tuition-based preschool for potty-trained 3 and 4 year old students
- Experienced, well-credentialed teachers
- Low student-to-teacher ratio
- Carefully designed classrooms encourage freedom (within limits)
- Hands-on curriculum materials meet Montessori standards
- Mesa Public Schools goals and Arizona Academic Standards integrated at all levels
What Makes Montessori Different?
- 3 year cycle allows students, families, and teachers to form long-term relationships that are highly beneficial to student progress
- Encourages peer mentoring and creates more natural social situations
- Reduces academic competition as students are all working at different levels
Student Daily Experience
- Work plans designed to provide well-rounded academic experience across all subject areas
- Environment allows students to move ahead of grade level standards when/if ready
- Achievement based on skill mastery rather than time spent, allowing students to individualize daily work based on needs
- Emphasis on independent work throughout day to foster responsibility and time management skills
Method and Materials
- Create an environment that encourages deeper exploration and real-world application of concepts and skills
- Concepts progress from concrete to abstract using hands-on manipulatives
- Lessons given in small groups, with work completed individually or collaboratively depending on need
Our mission for MPS Montessori Schools is to build an educationally enriched, peaceful community. This community consists of our children, families, teachers, and administrators working together to create a positive, nurturing learning environment. The Montessori curriculum fosters independent learners, intrinsically motivated, and responsible. The Montessori holistic approach to education ensures differentiated instruction to accommodate individual levels of academic and developmental needs. Our goal is to provide a nurturing, highly supportive academic classroom environment where students develop independent learning and exploration skills to be prosperous, peaceful, and positively contributing members of their communities.