1. Homecoming is October 14 and 15! Come join us for the Homecoming parade starting at 4:30 at Hale Elementary on Friday the 14th followed by the Homecoming game against Williams Field at 7:00. Saturday, October 15 will be the Homecoming dance from 7pm-10pm. Tickets are $35 in the bookstore. If you are bringing a guest not from Mountain View, administrative approval is needed before you can purchase a ticket. No tickets will be sold at the door. Any student that arrives without a ticket will be turned away, so be sure to get your tickets early!
2. Speaking of Homecoming, this means we have a Spirit Week!!! There are only 3 days due to Monday being off and Wednesday being PSAT testing. This years Homecoming Spirit Days are Overall Tuesday! Come dressed as your favorite farmer or minion or just wear your overalls! Thursday is Soccer Moms vs BBQ dads! Friday is Extreme Red out! Show your school spirit! As an incentive to participate, stop by the Student Council Booth in the Courtyard any of those days for a free Frozen Hot chocolate for anyone that is participating! As an added incentive, you will also be able to submit your name for a drawing to win a couple mini-soda refrigerators! So dress up, show your spirt and get some sweet prizes!
3. Congratulations to our Toros of the Month! The following Toros are invited to a special luncheon with Dr Oliver on Thursday 9/29 starting at 11:45. Students will be excused from class. Our Champions are:
America Briseno-Espinoza, Emee Helsel, Alessandra Raymuno Ponce, Brea Zapien, Donald Elijah Crockett, Aaron Walker, Wilson Kerr and Israel Garay. Our certified staff of the month is Ms Courtney Porter and classified staff Colin Rapier. Way to go Toros!!!
4. Be sure to get your blood donation form outside room 1215 or from a Student Council officer! Help save 3 lives by donating your lovely red platelets and plasma on October 27!
5. NHS members don't forget our meeting TODAY in room 726 during both lunches!
6. Remember to bring money after October Break for Homecoming Links! Let’s cover the stadium with school spirit! Top five classes miss 2nd hour that Friday to decorate the bleachers. Links are 10 for a dollar.
7. Do you have what it takes to win an argument? to persuade someone to change their life? to create a believable character in a play, story, or poem? Do you like to write your own spoken word poetry? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you should join the speech and debate team. We compete against other high schools all across Arizona, this year we are even taking the team to compete at the Harvard Invitational. You should come to our meetings to see what we can do to help you get started competing on the Speech and Debate Team. We hold our meetings right after school on Tuesdays in room 725, and Ms. Howell is not as scary as you think she is!
8. Girls Softball! Remember camp starts on October 12th. Make sure you get registered online!
9. Seniors - Is GCU a school of interest? Would you like to visit a college campus, tour the buildings and have a free lunch?! We will be traveling to GCU the morning of November 1st to tour the campus and learn about studying and life on GCU's campus. Seniors who are interested and meet the GCU admissions requirement of a 2.8 or higher gpa higher can stop by the Career Center to pick up a permission form for the field trip. Forms are due back no later than October 24th. Spaces are limited so sign up today!
10. Juniors and seniors - wondering about the types of careers you might pursue once you graduate from Mountain View? Would you like to learn how your skills and interests line up with different careers and the type of education and training you will need to get into the career field? Worry no more! Sign up for the ASVAB Career Exploration assessment taking place on Wednesday October 26th at Mountain View! This assessment is strictly for Career Exploration. Scores are not released to the military unless the student provides permission to do so. You will be excused from your classes that morning. Sign up using the form found on the Mountain View Counseling site or in Canvas. See you there!