NAEP Summer School Assistance
Information for high school students
Summer School Scholarship Assistance
The goal of the NAEP is to improve graduation rates and students are career and college ready.
Eligible students in the NAEP that need to attend high school summer school may apply for scholarship assistance that will provide 50% of one (1) summer school class. Funds are limited and students with graduation credit needs will be prioritized.
Summer School assistance requirements
- Student must be currently enrolled with MPS
- Student must have a Title VI form on file with NAEP
- The summer school class CAN NOT be a credit recovery class
- The class must be academic, no Driver's Ed or electives
- The student may not have more than 1 F in the current school year
- The student must have good attendance
- Pick up and complete the summer school application, available at your school.
- Complete the application and bring it to the NAEP office.
- The NAEP office will contact you about the scholarship assistance status.
- If approved, the NAEP office will send confirmation information to Community Education and a copy will be sent to the student to take it with him/her on the first day of summer school.
Applying for scholarship assistance does not guarantee it will be awarded, it is based on:
- correct forms
- available funds
Transportation to and from summer school is not provided