Pomeroy Elementary Montessori
Now accepting waiting list applicants for the 2022-2023 school year!
Why Choose Montessori at Pomeroy?
- Free K-6 Montessori education in a public school setting
- Tuition-based preschool for potty-trained 3 and 4 year old students
- Experienced, well-credentialed teachers
- Low student-to-teacher ratio
- Carefully designed classrooms encourage freedom (within limits)
- Hands-on curriculum materials meet Montessori standards
- Mesa Public Schools goals and Arizona Academic Standards integrated at all levels
Montessori - A Day in a Student's Life
What Makes Montessori Different?
- 3 year cycle allows students, families, and teachers to form long-term relationships that are highly beneficial to student progress
- Encourages peer mentoring and creates more natural social situations
- Reduces academic competition as students are all working at different levels
Student Daily Experience
- Work plans designed to provide well-rounded academic experience across all subject areas
- Environment allows students to move ahead of grade level standards when/if ready
- Achievement based on skill mastery rather than time spent, allowing students to individualize daily work based on needs
- Emphasis on independent work throughout day to foster responsibility and time management skills
Method and Materials
- Create an environment that encourages deeper exploration and real-world application of concepts and skills
- Concepts progress from concrete to abstract using hands-on manipulatives
- Lessons given in small groups, with work completed individually or collaboratively depending on need