The CORE @ Red Mtn
The CORE @ Red Mtn is an alternative option at Red Mountain High School for students who qualify based on credits, enrollment dates or other individual circumstances.
New courses begin every 9 weeks allowing studenst to earn or make-up 9 credits per year using both direct instruction classes and GradPoint, a computer based curriculum.
The CORE @ Red Mountain High School will focus on core academics of English, Math, Social Studies and Science classes while creating individualized schedules. The CORE Teachers and staff will guide students in the examination of their previous high school experience, identify strengths and needs, determine a plan for improvement and provide supports in working towards their graduation from The CORE @ Red Mountain High School.
The CORE's Daily Bell Schedule
1* 8:15-9:11 56 min
2 9:15-10:35 80 min
3 10:39-11:59 80 min
4 11:59-12:29 30 min lunch
5 12:33-1:52 80 min
6-7 1:56-3:15 79 min
* CORE 1st hour is a semester (18 week) class earning .5 credit. Student will take traditional Elective.
Criteria for The CORE
- Between 1.5 - 2 credits or more behind Grade Level Credit Standing
- Administrative Approval
MPS Grade Level Credit Classification
Students must have successful completed and earned the following number of credits to be in good standing for the following grade levels.
Grade 12 – 16 Credits
Grade 11 – 11 Credits
Grade 10 – 5 Credits
How you earn 9 credits in CORE
Must complete and pass each course with a 60% or better.
Period Quarter 1 Quarter 2 Quarter 3 Quarter 4
1 .50 Credit earn in Dec. .50 credit earned in May
2 .50 .50 .50 .50
3 .50 .50 .50 .50
4 Lunch Lunch lunch Lunch
5 .50 .50 .50 .50
6-7 .50 .50 .50 .50
Mrs. Donna Short, Secretary
7301 E. Brown Road
Mesa, Arizona 85209
The CORE’s office and classrooms are in the 600 classrooms which is situated between the Baseball Field and Student Parking. Entry to the CORE's Office is on the West side of Room 616, which faces the RM Football Home Concession Stands. Parking available.
We look forward to working with the students and parents of The CORE @ Red Mountain High School!
"It always seems impossible until it's done."
Benefits of being in The CORE @ Red Mtn
- A Red Mountain High School Student
- Meaningful High School Experience
- Smaller class sizes and limited enrollment
- 9 Week block courses
- 80-minute class periods
- 2.5 or more credits can be earned each 9-weeks (9 or credits during the school year)
- Primary focus on core academics
- Elective Credit for working
- Individualized student schedules
- Access to school activities like dances, assemblies, etc.
Daily Attendance is expected and vital to be successful in The CORE @ Red Mtn.
- Students have 4 absences per 9 weeks.
- Students may loose credit after 5 absences in a specific period.
- Appeals should be submitted.
- Breakfast Service starts at 7:00 am.
- 1st Hour starts at 8:15 am - Elective Course
- Not all Sports Weight Training cannot be accommodated during the school hours. Please see the Coach for after school participation availability.
- Seminary can be taken A-Hour
- Electives are taken through GradPoint, an educational online curriculum. Each GradPoint class is worth .5 credit. Classes MUST be completed by the end of each 9-week quarter to earn credit.
"Don't Give up.
Don't ever give up."
Revolutionizing Education. Celebrating Success. Honoring People.
Red Mountain High School’s Mission Statement