COACH JEFFREY KUHN
Stapley Junior High
* Variety of sports and games, individual as well as team activities will be featured. For further information on sport units please check out my Physical Education or Activity pages.
* We will work on individual sportsmanship as well as learning the value of being a team player.
* Fitness training (cardiovascular endurance, strength, etc.) will be measured and recorded. This shows student growth
* We will focus on healthy body = healthy mind.
CLASS ATTIRE EXPECTATION
Dressing out is MANDATORY for all students.
Nobody will wear clothing in Physical Education class that were worn in school. This way your clothing will not get dirty, sweaty or damaged.
YOU WILL NEED
Stapley gray tee shirt and shorts with your name printed on the front of the shirt and shorts.
You will need to wear a pair of socks and athletic shoes.
You are able to purchase Stapley shirt and shorts for class from our bookstore located in the main building.
** We will do a swimming unit each semester. You will need to bring a swimsuit, towel and something to wear on your feet to and from the pool. If a student would like to wear a tee shirt or rash guard they may do so. Goggles and swim cap are also an option.
Each day you are awarded 10 points.
5 points per day are given for following all the class rules. 45% of your overall grade. **
5 points per day are given for class participation. 45% of your overall grade. **
A variety of different points are awarded for fitness measurements and paperwork. 10% of your overall grade. **
Each student is encouraged to make-up points due to an excused absence.
We do this in the morning before school but after school can be an option with an arrangement.
For an absence to be considered excused the student must have it cleared in the front office.
If you need to “sit out” of class, due to an illness or injury, you must bring a note from home. If this is going to be for more than one day it needs to be cleared by the nurse. These days can be made up by the student.
THERE ARE SOME THINGS WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE IN CLASS.
* CELL PHONES ARE TO BE PUT AWAY AND NEVER USED FOR ANY REASON DURING CLASS. IF A STUDENT NEEDS TO USE THEIR PHONE THEY MUST FIRST CHECK WITH THEIR COACH BEFORE REMOVING IT FROM THEIR BAG.
* DEODORANT/ANTIPERSPIRANT MUST BE CLEAR.
* NO AEROSOL SPRAYS OF ANY KIND WILL BE USED IN CLASS
* NO GLASS PRODUCTS OF ANY KIND.
EVERYTHING STATED ABOVE IS FOR EACH STUDENTS PERSONAL AND HEALTH SAFETY.