Ms. Kendra Barro
Email: Click Here
Kendra N. Barro
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education, Arizona State University
- Master of Education in Instruction and Curriculum with an emphasis in Reading, Grand Canyon University
- Master of Educational Leadership through Northern Arizona University
Certificates and Endorsements
- Standard Elementary Education, K-8 Certificate
- Structured English Immersion, Endorsement
- Reading Specialist, 6-12 Endorsement
Welcome to the 2020-21 school year. I am very excited to continue my teaching journey at Summit Academy for the fifth year. This is my tenth year teaching English, and I am looking forward to many more years, here in the Mesa Public School District. While I have had nine years of experience teaching, starting the school year remotely is brand new to me. I believe it will take patience, flexibility, and grace for us to work together to give our students the best experience possible this school year. I can't wait to learn together with you. When in doubt, please reach out!
Remote learning supply list:
Please make sure you have a writing utensil and notebook while working online. MOST of our work will be done through canvas, but you might need to take notes during lessons, so this will help you be the most successful.
Below is a Suggested Supply List for the 2020-21 School Year once we return back to school:
- Two Spiral Notebooks (one for each semester)
- Highlighters (Blue, Yellow, Pink, Orange, Green)
- Plenty of pencils
- Pens (for editing and revising)
- Plenty of loose leaf paper (College Ruled)
- Colored Pencils
- Glue Sticks (4)
When I am not at school I enjoy going on adventures with my seven year old Connor, and my husband Brad. I consider myself a life long learner, and I am continuously on the search for new information regarding English, and Middle School students.
I am a firm believer that it takes a village so please don't hesitate to email or call me, with any questions or concerns.
Click here to see the Arizona standards for English Language Arts and Literacy at the middle school level. We will be focusing on writing, using informational text to reach our goals. Our focus for the first three quarters will focus on Argumentative and Informative essay writing to help prepare our students for the future. The last quarter of the year we will wrap up with Narrative writing, Poetry, and Public Speaking. We will use these standards and curriculum to help our students be IB, think Globally, and be Internationally minded.
"If you can dream it, you can do it" Walt Disney